Why this blog?

I'm a computer repair technician in the unfortunate situation of having to find food clothing and shelter for my mother who lost her home in the mortgage crisis, medical problems, and the death of my father. You can email me at gmail.com My name on gmail is dgreenbaum. Please put "Help Karen" in the subject so I know you aren't a spammer. Thanks in advance for your help.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

How quickly you all respond and how happy Mom is

I posted yesterday Mom still needed a microwave and a vacuum cleaner. Within an hour, two people came forward with those items. I'm so amazingly appreciative.

Mom said something really sweet yesterday: people donated this, not because they know me, but because they respect an trust you. Otherwise they would have simply donated these items somewhere else

Awww :-)

2 comments:

  1. I certainly hope your family members like their new living quarters. Actually I believe most people may have sold items in a g-sale, or continued to store away in basement, garage, attic, etc. Now they are giving from the heart to someone's specific family. Great idea Dave to have donated items collected. Yes, if it wasn't for YOU, we would have never known. You are honest & trustworthy and love for your mother/sister shows. Pleased to be a part of all this. Hand crocheted pot holders coming up!

    Thanks also for the quick repair to my new airport.

    ReplyDelete