Why this blog?

I'm a computer repair technician in the unfortunate situation of having to find food clothing and shelter for my mother who lost her home in the mortgage crisis, medical problems, and the death of my father. You can email me at gmail.com My name on gmail is dgreenbaum. Please put "Help Karen" in the subject so I know you aren't a spammer. Thanks in advance for your help.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Lots of leads I'm sorting through

Thank you to everyone that has emailed me so far. I don't want to post something for sure until I actually pick it up. I'm superstitious a little that way I guess. This weekend I'll clean out my car and start picking up actual items. Lots of leads on kitchen supplies.

Overall this is an exhausting process :-) Having a full time+ job combined with all the minutia of this task is overwhelming. For example, over an hour yesterday with AT&T trying to set up "lifeline" phone service, which is discounted phone service for lower income residents. Problem is that the lifeline department is separate from the general AT&T order department,so each part of the order setup I had to refer her to the fact that the lifeline discount wasn't included. Sigh. Still not sure they set up the order right. I asked for a callback to confirm all aspects of the order and the total price. I was supposed to get the order confirmation call yesterday. Never did.

Today I actually go to Olathe Towers to sign the lease for my Mom. It's scary to think that this is the last move my Mom will probably ever make in her life.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I have another idea. Does KU have a process where graduating students can donate food/clothes/furniture etc to people in Lawrence? We have such a system here, and it works well. Maybe that could be a source of furniture/kitchen items etc.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete